-->

Pages

September 3, 2012

Victoria's Secret Bejeweled Eyes Palette

I have always been intrigued by Victoria's Secret products. I can never tell if the brand is positioned as a high-end brand or whether it's more towards the drugstore level. But I guess VS has a whole other 'level' on its own since you can probably only buy their products in a Victoria's Secret store. Unless you're from Brunei, of course. Then you can buy this at Kiulap Mall. 

I am lucky to receive this as a gift. If you're an avid reader of my blog you'll know that this palette is given to me by Izzy and her lovely sis. I saw this sold at Shop at Sarah's and they are selling it for BND50! And I got it FOC! Sometimes I just wanna look at myself in the mirror and tell myself what a lucky bastard I am. lol

Victoria's Secret Bejeweled Eyes Palette

Victoria's Secret Bejeweled Eyes Palette  

This is the first time I've tried VS's products, especially their makeup and I'm pleasantly surprised by their quality! These eye shadows are creamy and a breeze to blend. As for pigmentation, they are pretty decent but you can easily layer them for more definition. My favourite shades are the lighter shades and also the greyish taupe. All of the shades are shimmery except for the purple shade, which has slightly more of a satin finish to it. Gorgeous! 

The only thing that I am still on the fence about is the black gel liner. The gel liner gets exposed every time I use this palette for the eye shadows. So far there hasn't been a problem but I'm not sure how well the gel liner is gonna fare and if it's prone to drying up.

Victoria's Secret Bejeweled Eyes Palette

  
  Me wearing shades from the VS palette

I have on the light creamy shade as an inner corner highlight, the pearl blue on my lids and purple on the outer corner of my eyes.

I like that this palette has a few fun colors for me to play around with. Blues and greens are not something that I use frequently but the shades in this palette is def gonna inspire me to experiment with colors! Maybe turning a day look into a night-time makeup look or something. haha

1 comment:

  1. nice blog..beautiful owner...altough i never use makeup but the info is useful

    Already follow u at google...kind of u to follow me to..hehe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...