-->

Pages

May 1, 2009

The cheerless reality

I've borrowed two books from the library this week. The first one is the oh-so-popular Nightmares True ghost stories: Taxi drivers. I have to admit, is really an awful one. I think it's meant for kids. The other one is 'Wish you well' by David Baldacci and I finished reading them a day later, which is quite unusual for me but the latter, is so intriguing I find it hard to let it be.

What amazes me is that it has only been borrowed four times since 2003! That's like 6 years ago! I wonder what's wrong with the kids nowadays. They won't know a good book if it kicks them in the ass, twice. And hard. Anyways, I considered myself lucky to be able to find this book and read it. Duh. It really shows that we can't judge a book by its cover.

Now that I've finished reading them, I felt kinda miserable yet serene. Miserable coz... long story plus the fact that three characters died in the story and serene coz it's finally over. I know I'm not making any sense...

"I can almost see it,
That dream I'm dreaming,
But there's a voice inside my head saying,
'You'll never reach it.' "- Miley Cyrus

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...