-->

Pages

April 17, 2013

March & April favorites!

Last week was our semester break and initially me and the girls planned to do so much like going to Langkawi, Penang and even Singapore! haha In the end, Singapore is out because our visas are still being held back by the visa unit in UM and Langkawi and Penang just didn't happen so we ended up hanging around KL, which is still fun. To me at least! 

We went to the KL Bird Park and also the chocolate factory where they made these Durian flavored chocolate. They sell it in a bar where the filling is made with real durian. Omgosh that was the best. lol There were also chili flavored chocolate which made Kenny choke and curry flavored chocolate which is surprisingly not bad at all! One day we took the KTM to I-City and was stranded by the roadside for a good half an hour before a taxi saved us at almost midnight! And we finally took some pics of KLCC after more than two months in KL. We are the most procrastinating tourists in Malaysia lol

Spartans!!

The snow walk was fun!

 I-City is darn gorgeous at night!! Perfect for a night stroll..

Gorgeous trees!

Anyway... I'm supposed to share with you guys my March and April favorites! I thought it might be fun to do this since I've been trying out so much new stuff lately. 

Victoria's Secret Fabulous Eau De Parfum

This is one of VS's newest fragrance and it smells heavenly! Initially I was thinking of either getting this or one of their bestsellers, Bombshell but in the end, I chose this! Just because Bombshell smells quite familiar, I swear I've smelled someone using it before in UBD! I still can't quite put my finger on who it was... Fabulous has a wonderful blend of juicy currant, osmanthus blossom and pink freesia. No idea what they are but there you go. My only complaint is my skin reacts badly to this perfume. I have a habit of spraying perfume directly onto my neck and Fabulous is the first fragrance that gave me problems. It wasn't anything serious though, just that my skin gets super itchy and I can't help but scratch it like a drug addict. Now I spritz them on my shirt instead.

Benefit Hoola Bronzer and Smith's Rosebud Salve!

I've been so so curious about the Benefit Hoola bronzer. Literally every youtube guru owns this stuff. I've seen it a number of time every time I walk into Sephora. I'll stand in front of the Benefit makeup stand, take a peek, and move on. But this one time I was like 'F*ck this shit, I'm gonna buy it.' lol I've held back because it was so damn expensive!! I couldn't justify the price even if I convert it to BND in my head in Sephora but ahh... this is definitely one splurge that is worth every dollar. Okay I think I over-reacted, it was RM110. More or less like the MAC Pro Longwear blush wtf. I just realize this. haha 

Anyway, it's really pigmented. I made the mistake of putting on too much the first time I used it and the makeup look so muddy on my face. It's really best to put on little by little and build it up depending on how strong you want it to look on your face. I use it as a contour btw.

Smith's Rosebud Salve

I bought this on a whim because my lip balm from The Body Shop is running out and I kinda panicked because I CANNOT live without a lip balm! I use it all day everyday. I heard what they say about lip balm making lips even drier than before but ah what the heck. This is the best balm I've used and I kid you not it's even better than the Nivea Strawberry lip balm I swear by all these years. And I've been using the Nivea one since my secondary school years! It makes your lips look plump and most importantly, it really moisturizes and makes your lips smooth as butter.
It's multipurpose too! "Rosebud Salve may be used as an all purpose skin preparation. Rosebud Salve may help to relieve chapped lips and skin, diaper rash, blemishes, detergent burns, and rough cuticles and may soften rough hands."
 Knuckle rings

I saw this at Lovisa and couldn't resist. Instagram made me buy it haha there are so many pics on there showing girls using knuckle rings and I really like the look of it! Something different than the regular ring. Plus you can wear them with practically any outfit you choose to wear. They're really versatile and I think it gives a little more oomph to your overall look.

Jelly bunny sandals

I didn't know Jelly bunny exist before the girls wore it to class one day. Jelly bunny is like crocs except they are way cheaper! This pair I bought for only RM25! They also have a ton of other designs in various colors like green, blue, peach, nude, black and red I think. Of course I had to go for this gladiator design. It's been a fantasy of mine to own a pair of gladiator sandals lol I can never find a pair that fits my feet nicely before so I'm glad I found it even though it's been years since the gladiator shoe trend ended (four years, to be precise).

 
Next favorite, shopping!

I don't know, can shopping be a favorite? It doesn't mean that I have to buy something, even window shopping can be so fun. Last weekend was the first time me and Kenny browsed H&M. I know, how stupid are we to walk past the shop every single time we went to Bukit Bintang without giving it a second glance when all the gems and diamonds are there!! But it's okay, we are wiser now and will never again make the same mistake! haha The dresses here are so cute and the prices are super affordable! It's actually cheaper than Forever21! wtf seriously. A dress in F21 can easily go up to RM100+ and I found this GORGEOUS dress in H&M for freaking RM39.90! wtf! So of course I had to buy it in black and grey.. haha there's also one in white which is perfect but I think having two of the same is enough.

Debenhams is another gold mine which we've neglected since coming here. The rush of regret is so overwhelming I can't even.

Food favorites!
 
 Chocolate brownie with Vanilla Ice-Cream

This brownie is to die for. It's from this western restaurant called Delicious. I don't know if it's just based in Malaysia or if it's international but either way, you must try it! You can find Delicious in Sunway Pyramid and Midvalley, those are the places we saw that has the branches. I'm sure there are more but please, try it. lol

 Subway!

Me and Kenny is staying at a condo which is of walking distance to Subway. I thought we would go there really often but so far, today was the first time we sat down there and ordered food! Normally we just buy one or two of their soft cookies, which is really good btw. So far I've only tried a couple of their sandwiches and after seeing how much sauces they put into these, I'm not entirely convinced of their 'healthy' menu anymore. Good thing is you can skip the sauce if you wanna avoid extra calories.

 Starbucks! 

Me and Kenny is addicted to this stuff. At least once or twice in a week we'll head over to Starbucks and order something and sit in the open area and watch people walk past and compliment/criticize people's outfit. Okay, not really but it's definitely a good place for sight-seeing. haha My fav is none other than their green tea latte! But I also enjoy Java Chip and Dark Mocha.

That's about all of it! Life outside of UM is so much fun!! I won't say anything about UM. Yet. lol

1 comment:

  1. Hey you´ve a great Blog!
    So please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other here, on bloglovin and via GFC?
    Let me know!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...