-->

Pages

June 24, 2010

The kiss that changed the world

So.

I've been thinking about modifying my tattoo. It's cute and all with the Big star and baby star but everytime I look at it I feel like -_____-. yeah exactly, I feel like that. Most of the time I don't even remember it exists. I don't regret doing it though, coz I really am interested in it and I still am.

All that's left to do is find a good tattoo artist. And fork out some monehhh.

Okay fine. I'm giving lame excuses to blog. There's nothing new in my lifee its so frustrating!!

Oh!! Have I told you? I created a formspring.me account! :D ASK ME ANYTHING NOW!! I just like the idea of it haha like a tag.

http://www.formspring.me/Shelylee

I kinda feel like I'm looking for trouble though. I've got a Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, Youtube and formspring.me account. Eekk. No life much? =/

What I like about them is that they don't take much to maintain. I can like, abandon them anytime. That's the best part bout it.

Have you guys seen this famous photo?

link

I think I've only seen it on the movie 'Night at the museum' or something. This picture is taken right after world war 2 where people were celebrating on the street. They call it 'The kiss that changed the world".

"Probably the most famous kiss in American history was captured by Alfred Eisenstaedt when he photographed a sailor kissing a nurse in Times Square on August 14, 1945. /1 The identity of the kissing couple is unknown. The sailor was so happy about the end of World War 2, that he was kissing any woman he found.

We may have experienced a kiss so powerful that we were forever changed. Its sweetness made the earth stop on its axis and our knees to melt. However, no kiss, no matter how moving, can come anywhere close to matching the kiss that changed the entire course of humanity."

- Richard Mansel

Actually I've read some articles and both the man and woman has been identified. :P I think this article was written before anyone found out.

The other photo I'd like to show you guys is this:

link

"A family photo that shows a little girl beside her father and his fellow soldiers in uniform as they prepare to go to war has resonated well beyond the tight knit Bennethum clan.

Four-year-old Paige Bennethum really, really didn't want her daddy to go to Iraq.

So much so, that when Army Reservist Staff Sgt. Brett Bennethum lined up in formation at his deployment this July, she couldn't let go.

No one had the heart to pull her away."

- Vince Lattanzio

So much love in this world. I have yet to find mine. :P

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...