-->

Pages

January 3, 2013

Welcoming 2013!

Happy new year!  


I still can't believe it's already 2013. I feel like I haven't really done anything much since last semester but I am now on my third year second semester of UBD! Like woah, what did I do exactly to be called a third year undergraduate? Kinda feels like I haven't really earned that title but there it is. haha not gonna complain though because I'm liking it! 

So for the second semester I have applied for the student exchange program. I have friends who's going off to Korea, Thailand and even Taiwan which I think is pretty cool. I initially didn't apply for SEP but then changed my mind after a briefing was held encouraging us to do so. And so I thought why not. I didn't wanna go to Singapore but I wanted some place close to home. Not really interested in going to Thailand or the Philippines so in the end I chose Malaysia. The only thing about the Uni that I chose now is that they take forever to acknowledge our applications! Most of my friends are well on their way with the medical checks and stuff and I'm still sitting at home waiting for the offer letter. It seriously sucks to be me right now. I guess 2013 started off with a challenge for me to test my patience. 

For this upcoming year, I wish for my family and friends (and myself) to be healthy and happy. I thought I should come up with a new year's resolution but I basically recycle mine every year so my wish for everyone to be healthy and happy should suffice. 

Health wise, I think I have significantly improved mine since May last year. Before that I did do exercises but not as regularly. My goal for 2013 is to maintain my health + exercise regime. I don't normally talk about health topics on my blog because I find it embarrassing. Other people must be doing even better with their health and exercise routine than I am so I feel like I should probably not say anything about it here but then I thought, why compare myself with others? Right? Right?! lol I can safely say that since last May, I have worked out at least 3 times a week every week. Which is really saying something because if you know me you'll know how much of a lazy bum I can be. Nowadays I try to work out 4-7 times a week. I'm currently on day 29 of Insanity and I can't wait to complete a round! As for food, there are really no specific 'rules' that I stick to. It depends on my mood, I guess. There you have it, my health 'secret' all cramped into one paragraph lol

Apart from that, I really want to be able to look at things in a more positive light. I like to be realistic but sometimes that make me see things negatively somehow. I hope I'll be able to learn a thing or two while I'm overseas this semester so, fingers crossed!

Here's to a new year and fresh start for everyone! A clean slate.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family! It made me sad looking at that photo:(( I miss my family! I am your new follower! Would you like to follow me back?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. :) I am following you now! x

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you! We hope that your University hurries and lets you know something so you don't have to keep waiting. :-)

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you too! Yes, I hope so!

      Delete
  3. krásná rodiná fotečka:)
    follower ze follower;)???
    www.andreykab.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you and your family, Miss Shely! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...